Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 2013 Throne Speech

 November 12, 2013.  Well, once again we have been told where to go.  Our cause seems to be not worthy of recognition.  There was not a word in the Throne Speech today about opening the adoption records.  I would love to talk to the people in charge of "studying and reviewing" this matter just to see what they are doing.  From what I can see, they are doing nothing.  When will we get a Minister who takes an interest in their portfolio and comes out honestly and discusses what is happening.  You can't talk to them directly, they hide in their offices, and don't reply to correspondence.  What are they there for?

If I sound discouraged, I am.  After 12 years of niceties, and political gibberish I think I am done with being Mr. Nice Guy.  I might as well tell them the way I see it.  

I sent the Premier and the Minister an e-mail.  quote: THANKS AGAIN, for nothing unquote

2 comments:

Jordi said...

Roy,
I have been frustrated with this government for over 30 years trying to understand why they won't open the records when other provinces have. What are they basing their decision on? I thought Canada was one country especially when it come to adoption. As you know, adoption is a very emotional and political topic. Whatever the outcome is; good or bad, it is not up to the government to decide if these meetings should take place or not. I have witnessed both good and bad results and this is all part of the adoption process but should not be up to the government to barricade or prevent. They never give a straight answer on this topic. If we could obtain thousands of signatures would they be forced to open the records? Would a rally make a difference or are we a small group?
I know every few years this hits the news and the adoption community gets hopeful that this might happen, with this becoming a recent news item, maybe we should try to get some attention again?
I realize that it is very difficult and emotionally impossible for some parents to comprehend that someone they gave up years ago may to want to see them. If they do not want to meet their birth children it should be agreeable to all parties. By law we should have a right to know ALL information regarding our history/birth parents(medical, family background, etc). Jordi

Jordi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.